Yoga is an ancient art based on a harmonizing system of development for the body, mind, and spirit. The continued practice of yoga will lead you to a sense of peace and well-being, and also a feeling of being at one with nature.
The practice (asana) of yoga makes the body strong and flexible, it also improves the functioning of the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, and hormonal systems. Yoga brings about emotional stability and clarity of mind.
In the practice of Yoga the ultimate aim is one of self-development and self-realization.
Physiological Benefits of Yoga
- Sleep improves
- Immunity increases
- Pain decreases
- Posture improves
- Weight normalizes
- Muscular flexibility increase
- Energy level increases
- Muscular strength increase
- Endurance increases
- Excretory functions improve
- Pulse rate decreases
- Endocrine function normalizes
- Respiratory rate decreases
- Gastrointestinal function normalizes
- Blood pressure decreases
- Stable autonomic nervous system
- Cardiovascular efficiency increases
- Galvanic Skin Response increases
- Respiratory efficiency increases
- EEG – alpha waves increase
- Respiratory amplitude and smoothness increase
- EMG activity decreases
- Breath-holding time increases
- Joint range of motion increase
- Grip strength increases
- Eye-hand coordination improves
- Dexterity skills improve
- Reaction time improves
- Concentration improves
- Memory improves
- Attention improves
- Learning efficiency improves
- Mood improves
- Well-being increases
- Somatic and kinesthetic awareness increase
- Self-acceptance increase
- Self-actualization increase
- Social skills increases
- Depression decrease/elimination
- Anxiety decrease/elimination
- Hostility decrease/elimination
- Balance improves
- Depth perception improves
- Steadiness improves
- Mind/Body neuro connection improves
- Cognitive function improves
Yoga means “union,” and is derived from the Sanskrit root word, yuj, meaning “to yoke” or “to unite.” Hence, Yoga reunites all opposites – mind and body, stillness and movement, masculine and feminine, sun and moon.
These are the branches of yoga we practice and teach at ChoicesNY
- The Yoga of wisdom (Jnâna-Yoga);
- The Yoga of meditation (Râja-Yoga);
- The Yoga of physical processes (Hatha-Yoga);
- The Yoga of service (Karma-Yoga);
- and the Yoga of devotion (Bhakti-Yoga).
Through continuing dedication to the practice of yoga, the practitioner will begin to engage into the many other elements of yoga. Far beyond any workout routine, and begin to view there life in a more proactive state and become less reactive.
They will find an inner peace that will radiate outwards and life will become one of greater joy and experience.
The exercise of Yoga begins the student on a conscious journey to discover what simply is. Who are you and what you can become?
Shiva Shakti Yoga Shala has designed specific Yoga Workshops to deal with various physical and mental issues that one might suffer from. The workshops are as follows:
- Yoga Workshop For Weight Loss.
- Yoga Workshop For Back Pain.
- Yoga Workshop For Balancing Sexual Energy.
- Yoga Workshop For The Respiratory System.
- Yoga Workshop For Stress.
- Yoga Workshop For Mental Health.
- Yoga Workshop For The Digestive System.
- Yoga Workshop For Women’s Health Issues.
- Yoga Workshop For Eye, Neck and Shoulder.
- Yoga Workshop For Arthritis.
The classes & workshops can be tailored to meet the individual’s own fitness level, covering beginners, intermediate and advanced yoga. We also offer Yoga workshops for yoga teachers. We practice Yoga in its ancient and original form respecting its ancient theories and principles.
Individual Session ( 1 hr )
*packages are available *workshops are available
- Group Classes
- Semi Privates
- 2&4 hr. Work Shops